Roles and Responsibilities of Local Sites
The position can also be referred to as the Local Ad Traffic Team, Trafficking Coordinators or Local Liaisons. These team members will be the main point of contact between Creative Solutions and your local team. The duties of the local trafficking team are:
- Assist sales reps with their questions on how to use the ATOL system, instruct how to successfully prepare advertising materials and use effective and appropriate communication.
- Monitor the ad traffic emails for HOLDs and FYIs and help sales reps resolve ad issues. Before your local team leaves for the day, review all ads on HOLD status. If possible, try resolving the HOLD message to avoid having the ad stay at this status overnight.
- Monitor the ad traffic emails for system outages, upcoming training webinars, system enhancements, etc., and relay any messages to the local team.
- Ensure adherence to internal deadlines, for smooth workflow by running queries and working with sales teams to ensure that materials are submitted and ads are approved on time.
- Changing ad statuses in AdTracker whenever necessary to maintain a smooth workflow.
- Establish Wiki pages for accounts and communicate any changes that should be made.
Depending on site, the following responsibilities may only apply to certain trafficking team members.
- Maintain ATOL User Manager (create accounts for new employees and customers, edit existing accounts when necessary and delete users no longer employed by the company).
- Update Deadlines in the Site Configuration Workbook. Changes must be indicated by highlighting any cells with changed information. Submit a help desk ticket through the Creative Solutions helpdesk website at helpdesk.gatehouseads.com, a minimum of two weeks before they take effect.
- Update Holiday Deadlines in the Site Configuration Workbook. Changes must be indicated by highlighting any cells with changed information. Submit a Creative Solutions help desk ticket at helpdesk.gatehouseads.com.
- Review weekly Ratings and INF reports and ensure that your team understands these features in ATOL and are providing information that accurately reflects their experiences.
- Submit anticipated ad volume changes when new products, corporate initiatives, local events, etc. might increase volume when Creative Solutions may not be expecting it. This will ensure we are appropriately staffed.
Changing ATOL Statuses through AdTracker Cloud
TO PROOF Status - This is a temporary status that will generate a new Proof PDF of an ad, the final status will be PROOF OUT.
When should the local site coordinators select TO PROOF?
- If an ad was approved accidentally or intentionally, but changes are needed.
- If a new PDF needs to be generated.
DONE Status - This status indicates that the ad has been approved and has been delivered to the local site.
On occasion, you may need to change the ad status of DONE ad:
- An ATOL user or customer may have approved an ad that requires changes.
Change the status from DONE to TO PROOF to will automatically generate a new proof PDF, send a new email notification to the rep and the status will change to PROOF OUT.
- Your pagination team needs a new copy of the final ad.
Change the status from DONE to RELEASE to generate a new final proof to be sent to the pagination system.
KILL Status - An ad has been sent a Kill directive by the business system, all further work has stopped on the ad.
Before killing the ad from the business, you should verify the ad is not in a production status. If the ad status is one of the statuses listed below, please reach out to Creative Solutions through Live Chat and ask us to place the ad on HOLD. Once the ad is on HOLD, you can kill the ad through the business system.
AdTracker Cloud Training Manual - This is the complete PDF version of the AdTracker Cloud Training manual.